Instagram is a great platform to connect with people and have fun. It is a photo and video sharing platform that is growing in popularity every other day.
Today, Instagram also has a TikTok-like feature called Reels that allows users to upload or watch short videos. Since Instagram is mainly a photo sharing platform, you might have exchanged many photos and videos with your friends in a chat.
There are no restrictions on the exchange of photos and videos on the platform, but sometimes it can be difficult to get back to the sent photos. Sometimes you might want to recheck the photos you’ve sent.
So, if you don’t know how to view sent photos on Instagram, keep reading the guide. Below we have shared some best ways to do it see sent photos on Instagram. Let’s get started.
See sent photos on Instagram
Since Instagram is primarily intended for mobile, you’ll need to use the Instagram app on Android or iOS to check all the photos you’ve sent. Here is How to view sent photos on Instagram.
Note: We have used an Android device to demonstrate the procedure. The steps are the same for Instagram for iPhone as well.
1. First open the Instagram app on your Android/iPhone and log in to your account.
2. When you are logged in, press messenger icon at the top right of the screen.
3. This will open the conversation page on your Instagram. Here you have to select the chat you want to see the messages that contain the images.
4. When the chat panel opens, tap username next to their profile picture.
5. This will open the Chat Details page. You must scroll down to Posts and wheels or ‘Pictures and videos‘ section. Then press ‘See all‘ button.
6. Now you will see all the photos and videos you have sent in the chat.
That’s it! Here’s how to view sent photos and videos on Instagram. After knowing the right way to check sent photos and videos, you don’t need to scroll through the chats to check the media files individually.
How to see disappearing photos sent on Instagram
In 2021, Instagram launched a new feature that allowed users to send photos and videos that disappear. With this feature, you can share messages and photos and set them to disappear after a certain amount of time.
Now if you’re wondering if you can see disappearing photos posted on Instagram, NO, you can’t. There is no way to access the disappearing photos you have sent someone on chat.
However, Instagram allows you to see the status of a disappearing photo or video you’ve sent on the chat. For that, follow the steps shared below.
1. First, open the Instagram app on Android or iOS.
2. Then tap on Messenger icon Upper right.
3. Select the conversation you have sent the disappearing photo to.
4. Right below the disappearing image, you will see the status. If someone has taken a screenshot of your message, you’ll see a dotted circle next to it.
That’s it! Here’s how to see disappearing photos sent on Instagram.
We understand that you may have questions about Instagram photos sent in a DM. Below we have answered a few of the most frequently asked questions.
Can I see disappearing photos I sent on Instagram?
You can replay the images when they are available. Once they’re gone, there’s no way to view the photos. You can also play a photo or video you have received only if the sender has allowed it to be played.
Can I recover unsent photos on Instagram?
No, there is no way to recover unsent photos on Instagram. However, quite a few tools available online claim to do so. It is recommended to avoid such tools because they are not genuine and may create security and privacy risks.
How long can you see Instagram photos sent via DM?
Well, the picture sent on a DM stays there forever. The images will be in DM unless the user account is deleted, the image is reported and taken down, or the user deletes the image manually.
So this guide is about viewing sent photos on Instagram app. If you need more help viewing all of your uploaded photos on Instagram, let us know in the comments section. If the article helped you, be sure to share it with your friends.